Thinking about embarking on a self-build project or planning a multiple unit housing development? Whatever your aspirations, one thing is clear: not all timber frame manufacturers are created equal.
That’s where Merronbrook comes in, offering you more than just standard timber frame house kits, trussed rafters and joists. Brace yourself for exceptional quality, invaluable advice, and unparalleled project support.
Welcome to the world of our full-service support.
We take great pride in being what we class as a full-service supplier. Every single one of our Engineered Wood Products (EWP) is meticulously constructed at our cutting-edge facility in Hampshire. Why does this matter? Well, it means you reap the rewards of our unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. But that’s not all. Let’s delve into the tangible benefits you can expect:
• Design control: We take the reins of the entire process, ensuring each individual item works seamlessly alongside our other offerings. The result? A flawless final design solution.
• Reliable planning and fulfilment: Unlike other EWP suppliers, we don’t rely on other manufacturers. Our self-reliance means your orders are fulfilled promptly and at one facility, saving you time and hassle.
• Streamlined supply chain: By minimising the number of links in the chain, we remove unnecessary administrative overheads and margins. This provides a cost-saving advantage that puts money back in your pocket.
• Uncompromising quality: From manufacturing to installation, our operations adhere to strict ISO9001 procedures, and are rated as “Gold Assure” by the Structural Timber Association.
• Quality from start to finish: Rest easy knowing your project is being delivered to the highest standards, as our work aligns with the STA’s Site Safe framework of independent inspections, and your QA sign-off is delivered using the latest industry-leading digital processes.
• Environmental conscience, built-in: Be assured that building with timber is by far the most sustainable choice you could ask for. It’s a low-carbon technology, providing thermally efficient buildings (that use less operational carbon) and encourages carbon capture and storage in managed forests.
• Pro-active problem solving: few in the timber-framing sector have formal, independently assessed psi-values that Domestic Energy Assessors will likely accept in completing their EPC certifications. Perhaps, this is because industry bodies haven’t especially been driving that, so we just did it ourselves for our customers (read more here).
Engineered wood products made to order.
When you choose Merronbrook, you’re not just receiving cookie-cutter timber products. We approach each order as a custom requirement, planning and fulfilling it with utmost care. Our work schedule revolves around specific construction jobs, all thoroughly prepared in advance. Picture this: project-specific frame assembly drawings created in close collaboration with your architect and delivered to our skilled team who turn your vision into reality with unparalleled manufacturing results.
But wait, there’s more. The entire process takes place in-house, allowing us to accurately plan each step, ensuring precision and efficiency. Every item you receive on site will be individually labelled, with an item number and cross-referencing a job and plot number and tracking its entire journey through our production system.
Supply and install: where speed meets expertise.
We will supply-only, if this is your preferred approach, but the vast majority of our projects are supply and install, with our experienced team working on site to assemble the products. As we have discussed previously, timber frames can be constructed much faster than traditional alternatives. Of course, others may offer a similar service. But, when the team on site have an extensive knowledge of, and experience with the units they are installing, the faster and more error-free the work will be.
Our site teams work every day with the same engineered wood products, and work directly alongside those who design and manufacture them. They are masters of their craft, and giving clients access to these honed skills is a real benefit. At the end of every project, they work with an in-house quality control inspector to ensure that every element of the design has been executed in accordance with the engineered intent.
Consultancy as part of the package.
Timber frame construction is growing fast in the UK, but from a relatively small base. It remains a less utilised option, meaning that experienced developers, architects, and others working in construction may not be as familiar with it yet, compared to other traditional build methods.
Fear not, Merronbrook is here to guide you through every step of the way. We are here to help, and we have always sought to be a voice of experience in the timber frame sector generally, as well as sharing the benefits of our own engineered wood products. That means being willing and able to support and advise partners in all aspects of their planning and execution.
We are more than happy to discuss your project needs in detail, advising how timber frame could help you realise your vision, with no consultancy fee. As we discussed on our blog, we also work directly with individuals embarking on one-off, self-build construction projects. We are always happy to take the time to go through what would, and what would not, work for you. This is coupled with the open invitation to attend our facility for a factory tour, giving you a first-hand look at how we manufacture are products to the highest qualities.
If you place your trust in Merronbrook, you will find yourself working with a partner ready to offer you more. We will provide the service, as well as the products, so you go into each project certain of what will happen and when. Expect the following as a matter of course:
• Early personalised consultation.
• Detailed quote including all extras, and no hidden costs.
• A follow-up meeting making sure you have no unanswered questions.
• Any advice you need on ensuring your site is ready for product delivery and installation.
• Full quality control at all stages: pre-delivery, throughout install, and final sign-off.
To find out more about us, please call 01252 844747 or email: email@example.com. If you haven’t already, don’t forget to check out our thermal bridging tool, which explains everything you need to know about our products and the psi-values you must consider in achieving the EPC rating you need.